- +212 (0)5 22 94 96 77
- +212 (0) 6 64 62 56 46
- 201, Boulevard Zerktouni Casablanca – Morocco
Safia FASSI-FIHRI | Managing Partner
Safia Fassi-Fihri is qualified as a Lawyer (avocat) in Casablanca Morocco. Safia specializes in mergers and acquisitions (listed and non-listed companies, investment funds, etc.), joint-ventures, capital markets transactions and also in financings. She also advises real estate or touristic developers in connection with the structuring of investment funds and takes interest in corporate governance and socially responsible investments.
Safia practiced law working as a lawyer in a renowned international law firm in Paris and London before accepting a position as general counsel for a major insurance company in Morocco.
She holds a Masters degree in business law form the University of Paris II – Assas and is a graduate of ESSEC Business School.
- 2010: MBA (“Grande Ecole” Program) – ESSEC Business School
- 2008: Master degree in Business Law – University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Paris
- 2007: Bachelor degree (law) – University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Paris)
- Law Society of Casablanca
- Law Society of Paris
- 2016 – current: BFR & Associés, Managing Partner
- 2013 – 2016: RMA Capital – FinanceCom Group (Casablanca), General Counsel
- 2011 – 2013: Gide Loyrette Nouel (Casablanca), Associate
- 2011: Ashurst LLP (Paris), Associate
- 2010: Bredin Prat, trainee Lawyer
- 2010: Debevoise and Plimpton LLP, trainee Lawyer
- 2009: Credit Agricole CIB (London), Inhouse Legal Counsel
- 2007: Bredin Prat, trainee Lawyer
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Capital Markets Transactions
- Private Equity Transactions
- Acting for a Moroccan conglomerate in connection with the structuration and financing of a clinic in Morocco
- Acting for the Ministry of General Affairs and Governance of Morocco in connection with a study relating to promotion of Women in boardrooms
- Acting for a foreign consortium in connection with the tender for the acquisition of the assets of the Moroccan refinery – SAMIR
- Acting for a Moroccan company operating in the financial sector in connection with their joint-venture with a financial institution in Mali
- Acting for a Moroccan sponsor in connection with the bid process for the acquisition of 99,6% of the share capital of Zurich Insurance Morocco
- Acting for a listed Taiwanese group operating in electronics industry in connection with their joint-venture with a Moroccan operator
- Acting for Planchister in connection with the acquisition by Lafarge Platre Maroc of a stake representing 50% of the share capital of Moongypse (joint venture between Planchister and Saint Gobain Platre)
- Acting for SGS Group in connection with their investments in Laagrima
- Acting for SGS Group in connection with their investments in Laboratoire LCA Maroc
- Acting for ESL Agence Public and GL Events, in connection with their establishment in Morocco for the organization of the COP 22
- Acting for RMA Watanya in connection with its investment in Akwa Africa, a pan-african company specialized in oil distribution.
- Acting for RMA Watanya group in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake in Cosumar from SNI.
- Acting for Arif fund (managed by Infra Invest) on the acquisition of a minority stake in the capital of Mass Céréales Al Maghreb from Holmarcom.